Building and Construction Technology Diploma at Nyandarua National Polytechnic.
This Building and Construction Technology course offered at Nyandarua National Polytechnic is a 3 years Diploma program accredited by KNEC.
Building and Construction Technology
Building Technology refers to the technical processes and methods used in constructing buildings. This has become an increasingly important aspect of the construction industry, as buildings have moved from being evolutions of standard types to becoming one-off prototypes, building performance requirements have become more demanding, and the number of products and specialist suppliers has increased.
This Diploma course in Building Technology aims to provide trainees with knowledge, skills, and attitudes to enable him/her to work in the construction industry competently as a supervisor of works on site and be able to compute measurements and costs of construction.
Upon completing this Building Technology Diploma program, you will be able to:
- Estimating project costs ahead of bidding for new contracts
- Negotiating with suppliers on the cost of materials, equipment, and labour
- Checking the quality of suppliers
- Helping to plan each construction stage
- Drafting plans and blueprints using CAD (computer-aided design) software
- Monitoring build progress
- Preparing sites before construction work begins
- Supervising contractor teams
- Working on a construction site or in an office.
Building and Construction Technology Entry Requirements
- KCSE Mean Grade C- (Minus) or
- Pass in relevant Craft Course or
- Equivalent qualification approved by KNEC.