Civil Engineering Diploma at North Eastern National Polytechnic.
This Civil Engineering course offered at North Eastern National Polytechnic is a 3 years Diploma program accredited by KNEC.
Civil engineering is a branch of engineering that is concerned with creating, erecting and maintaining structures and environments built physically and naturally.
Civil engineers apply mathematical, physical and scientific principles to design, develop and maintain structures such as buildings, roads, bridges, water and sewerage systems etc.
This Diploma in Civil Engineering is a 3-year diploma program that provides students with theoretical knowledge and practical skills required by civil engineers. It covers the following key areas: structures, building and shaping of materials, construction management, building satellites dams, roads, etc.
Benefits of Studying Diploma in Civil Engineering:
In summary, the course offers the following benefits to learners:
- Development of knowledge and skills in civil engineering and construction management
- Civil engineering is currently one of the most marketable courses in Kenya
- Increased chances of employ-ability upon graduation
- Qualification for career progression to a Degree in Civil Engineering
- Gaining problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Increasing networks with other engineering professionals
- Promoting community development
- Jobs in civil engineering offer lucrative salaries
- Increased opportunities for self-employment, e.g. through government tenders
Skills Gained from studying a diploma course in civil engineering:
- Technical skills in civil engineering, construction management, and road construction
- Skills and knowledge in fundamental principles of science, mathematics and engineering
- Problem-solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Communication skills
- Creativity skills
Upon graduation, students who pursue a Diploma course in Civil Engineering can get employed in the following positions:
- Site Management
- Project Design
- Planning and Project Management
- Building Control Surveyor
- Construction Manager
- Quantity Surveyor
- Consulting Civil Engineer
Civil Engineering Entry Requirements
- KCSE Mean Grade C- (Minus) or
- Pass in relevant Craft Course or
- Equivalent qualification approved by KNEC.