Food Processing Technology Artisan Certificate at Weru Technical and Vocational College.
This Food Processing Technology course offered at Weru Technical and Vocational College is a 2 years Certificate program accredited by KNEC.
Food Processing Technology
Certificate of Food Processing & Technology is a professional development course that will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to design a food product from concept to deployment.
In this food technology course, you will learn about food trends, the five stages of food creation and how they impact marketing strategy. You will also explore the importance of nutrient density and essential nutrients in developing a new food product.
You will also learn about food production management, policy and legalities important in packaging and labelling for health claims, warnings and advisory statements, and navigating foreign markets.
On completion of this course, you will have a foundational understanding of food technology and processing to design your own product.
This Food Processing & Technology certificate will equip its graduates with the necessary knowledge and skills in food processing, food safety, and food regulations to succeed and broaden their careers opportunities in the food industry.
The food industry is the world’s largest industry. This multi-billion dollar industry employs many thousands of food processing specialists and scientists.
Transforming agricultural products into edible form is at the heart of food processing and technology. So, if you’ve ever thought about becoming a food technologist or designing your own food product, this course is ideal for you.
Craft certificate graduate in food processing technology can work as:
- A technician in the food processing industry
- A maintenance technician in a food processing industry
- Middle-level management supervisor
- Food quality and preservation officer in the food industry
The potential employers
- Food processing and preservation industries
- National and county government ministries concerned with food security
- Government Parastatals such as national cereal and produce board, KeBS
Food Processing Technology Entry Requirements
- KCSE Mean Grade D (plain)
- Equivalent qualification approved by KNEC.