This Building Construction course is a Certificate level program accredited by NITA.
Everywhere you turn there is a building being constructed, this Building Construction Technology course equips you with practical skills required to gain employment as a construction worker.
This Building Technology course is a combination of masonry, concreting, carpentry, plumbing and finishing. Students are taught constructing, deconstructing, reconstructing, renovating, altering, demolishing and maintaining or repairing building and construction works.
The course has been specifically designed to advance and improve the practice of building in students and is organized to deliver to the industry a professional who is well equipped with the most contemporary techniques and methods.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Engage in effectively interpersonal, oral, visual, and in written communication.
- Demonstrate basic skills in construction and deconstruction.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings.
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of the methods and techniques used in construction, including an understanding of industry terminology.
- Work in a team environment to actualize a construction.
This Building Technology course will successfully prepare students for careers such as:
- Entry Level Construction Technician
- Construction Manager
- Carpenters and Joiners
- Solid Plasterers
- Wall and Floor Tilers
Building Construction Entry Requirements
- KCSE mean grade of D (plain) or
- Artisan Certificate.