Diploma in Architecture
Architecture is the art and science of designing and engineering large structures and buildings. This Diploma in Architecture program equips you with skills in design and architectural practice and knowledge of the building and construction sector.
Architecture is a unique area of study because it covers units in both sciences and arts, meaning that the admissions requirements typically consider both artistic ability and mathematical proficiency.
After successful completion of the course, trainees can work as architectural assistants in architectural and civil engineering firms. Architects stay involved throughout the construction process, adapting their plans according to budget constraints, environmental factors and client needs. That means they’re part of an overall project design team, working closely with a range of construction professionals from quantity surveyors to building services engineers.
Upon completing this Diploma in Architecture program, you will be able to:
- create building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
- liaise with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects
- take into account constraints such as town planning legislation, environmental impacts, and project budgets
- work closely with a team of other professionals such as project managers, building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors, and architectural technologists
- complete planning applications and taking advice from local authorities, legal professionals and governmental new build departments
- write and present reports, proposals, applications, and contracts
- specify the requirements for each project
- adapt plans according to circumstances and resolve any problems that may arise during construction
- play a role in the project and team management
- view building sites, proposed locations, and client meetings.
Diploma in Architecture Entry Requirements
- KCSE Mean Grade C- (Minus) or
- Pass in relevant Craft Course or
- Equivalent qualification approved by KNEC.