Mechanical Engineering Diploma at Nyakach Technical and Vocational College.
This Mechanical Engineering course offered at Nyakach Technical and Vocational College is a 3 years Diploma program accredited by KNEC.
This Mechanical Engineering Diploma program is a three year technical course designed to impart practical skills to the students and it is designed to enable them to find gainful employment in both the formal and informal sectors and at the same time acquire a firm foundation for further training.
In this mechanical engineering program, students receive an in-depth education on mechanical engineering at a professional level. Individuals may be able to further develop their engineering skills. Some topics that may be covered include project management, drafting, CAD, engineering management and engineering design. Analytical and mathematical skills are an important aspect of this program, and students additionally get hands-on experience with technology and materials used in the field.
One of the many benefits of earning a diploma in mechanical engineering is that individuals can use the knowledge, experience and expertise that they have gained to earn higher salaries or promotions.
The manufacturing and service industry in Kenya requires trained personnel in the mechanical engineering sector. They include Engineers, Technicians, Plant operators, Mechanics among others operators. They have the technical know-how and hands on skills to operate the heavy machinery and equipment.
Industries where mechanical engineers are found include aerospace, marine, construction, and oil and gas.
Why study this course
- Design and execute industrial projects
- Manufacture basic engineering components
- Manage and maintain industrial plants
- Prepare to work in the industry or higher level of education
Earning this diploma will greatly help individuals form a solid foundation for building their careers or to pursue a higher education.
Goals of this Mechanical Engineering program
- To impart knowledge, Skills and attitudes to enable graduates to be self-reliant.
- To keep up with the changing technological needs in the Mechanical Engineering field.
- To continuously improve on exam performance at national level.
- To provide technical research and consultancy to the community at large.
- To provide market driven courses to cater for the needs of the community at large through linkages and collaboration with the industries.
Career opportunities after completion
- Manufacturing Companies
- Maintenance and Service companies
Mechanical Engineering Entry Requirements
- KCSE Mean Grade C- (Minus) or
- Pass in relevant Craft Course or
- Equivalent qualification approved by KNEC.